Students who struggle in math now have the opportunity to receive help. Grambling State University is offering a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Mathematics Clinic on Mondays through Thursdays in Carver Hall Room 136.
The clinic will continue through April 24.
The QEP Clinic helps students get help from mathematics faculty outside of class enrolled in College Algebra (Math 131), Trigonometry (Math 132), Pre-calculus I (Math 147), and Pre-calculus II (Math 148).
According to recent data, students who take part in the Mathematics Clinic ultimately do better in multiple classes, not just math.
The Mathematics Clinics scheduled times and instructors are:
– 9 a.m.-10 a.m. Monday and Wednesday, Dr. Bassidy Dembele
– 9 a.m.-10 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Dr. Frederick Semwogerere
– 10 a.m.-11 a.m. Monday and Wednesday, Dr. Milisha Hart-Simmons
– 10 a.m.-11 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Dr. Leummim Yao
– 11 a.m.-noon Monday and Wednesday, Dr. Yao
– 11 a.m.-noon Tuesday and Thursday, Dr. Hart-Simmons
– Noon-1 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, Dr. Arun Agarwal
– Noon-1 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Dr. Semwogerere
– 1 p.m.-2 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, Dr. Dembele
– 1 p.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Eugene Taylor
– 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, Dr. Avaine Strong
– 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Roderick Seals
– 3 p.m.-4 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, Eugene Taylor
– 3 p.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Roderick Seals
To find out more about the Mathematics Clinic, contact Shakira Hardison or Courtnie Owens in Grambling Hall Room 219 or e-mail email@example.com.
For more information about QEP, call 318-274-6014 or 318-274-2185.
Free round-robin chess tournament schedule March 19-10
The Department of English & Foreign Languages of Grambling State University is sponsoring
a round-robin chess tournament on March 19-20. The event will take place from 6:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m. in Tiger Express.
Prizes will be awarded to the top-ranked students. There is no cost to enter the tournament.
For more information, contact Dr. Hugh F. Wilson at 318-548-9817 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. Charles Snodgrass at email@example.com.
Individual yearbook photos ending; groups asked to schedule
Yearbook photo are currently being taken, with individual photo sessions ending on Friday (March 1, 2019). Freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors who want to appear in the yearbook must take their photos between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. in the Tiger Den.
Organizations are being asked to schedule their group photos by calling 318-274-6111 or 318-274-2866, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to schedule group photos is April 5.