PR Crossover will hold its inaugural interest meeting Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 6:30 pm in the Favrot Student Union Building, room 243.
This student-led, public relations organization is the brain child of several communication students in response to a PR assignment.
“The class assignment was to develop a company or organization that would benefit students,” charter member and president, Kambria Ruffin said. “We decided to start a PR firm so that we could practice our public relations skills as well as help student entrepreneurs on campus.”
The organization has identified three main goals: to market individuals toward a larger demographic audience for business success, increase client sales by 15 percent and provide PR Crossover staff an opportunity to enhance their public relations skills.
At the interest meeting, students will learn about the organization, the role of the members and the organizations’ current client, Grambling News Network.
“The week after midterms we will push promotion for a graduate-produced TV newscast,” said Ruffin. “We have great plans for our first client – Grambling News Network – and we hope they’re the first of many.”
PR Crossover is looking for any undergraduate student that meets the requirements set forth in its constitution:
1. Student members must be enrolled at Grambling State University as full-time students.
2. Student members must be in good academic standing.
3. Student members must be willing to work and meet deadlines.
4. Student members must abide by all rules and policies set forth by Grambling State University.
5. Student members must show proof of completed projects or assignments from former classes or internship experience affiliated with your area of interest in PR Crossover.
“We want to represent our motto well: ‘Your Business is Better on Our Side’,” said Ruffin. “That’s why any undergraduate can be a part of PR Crossover to ensure our organization has a variety of skills to exceed our clients’ expectations.”