HOUSTON|The Grambling State University football team will take on Texas Southern University in a Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) match-up in Houston, Texas on Saturday, Oct. 13. Kick-off from BBVA Compass Stadium is set for 6 p.m.
Grambling State will broadcast the game on the Grambling State Sports radio network. The game can be heard in Ruston (KPCH 99.3 FM) and in Monroe (KJMG 97.3 FM). The Tigers broadcast crew of Santoria Black, Ossie Clark, Nick Harrison and Leon Thomas will call all of the action.
The last time out, Grambling State cruised the victory over Texas Southern 50-24 on Oct. 28, 2017 at Eddie G. Robinson Stadium. Devante Kincade threw for a season-high 347 yards on 21 of 34 passing with three touchdowns and rushed seven times for 222 yards in the victory.
Similar to Grambling, Texas Southern uses two quarterbacks. Quarterback Glen Cuiellette is averaging 228.7 yards per game with five touchdowns and four interceptions. Jay Christophe is averaging 218 yards per game with no interceptions.
Wide receiver Adrian Carter is averaging 17.5 yards per carry with four touchdowns on the season. Sean Jones leads the defense with 18 solo tackles and is averaging 8.5 yards’ loss per game and has registered one sack in four games.
Kevin Dominique leads Grambling State in rushing yards with 165 on 30 attempts in the first four game. Right behind him is freshman quarterback Aldon Clark who rushed for 141 yards this season. De’Arius Christmas leads the defense with 11 solo tackles and two sacks.
What to Watch For
• Show your spirit! The game day color is yellow!
Grambling State- Texas Southern Connections
• Grambling State leads the series, 44-18-3, and won the last four matches.
• Coach Broderick Fobbs is 4-0 against Texas Southern.
• The schools are separated by 304 miles.
Inside the Numbers
• Grambling State’s offense is averaging 18.5 points per game in four games.
• Texas Southern’s offense is averaging 18.8 points per game in four games.
• Grambling’s defense ranks second in the conference while giving up an average of 26.3 points in four games.
• Texas Southern’s defense ranks 7 of 10 in the conference while giving up an average of 37.3 points in four games.