The Grambling State University Finanical Aid Office has released the 2013 Summer School aid process. Students are asked to follow each step provided and pay attention to requirements.
* Students who received a Pell Grant as a full time student in the Fall and the Spring Semesters will not be eligible to receive a Pell grant during the Summer
* Students will be eligible to receive federal loans if they have not utilized their maximum loan amount during the fall and spring semesters
* If parent was approved for the Parent Plus loan they may apply for an additional loan amount for the summer. Parents may apply at www.studentloans.gov
Summer Loan Periods for Plus Loans:
Summer I May-June
Summer II June-July
Both Summer Sessions May-July
* Student may apply for a private loan (credit based) if they do not have any federal loan eligibility
Summer School Applications are available online
Apply for Fall 2013-2014 aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available for completion for the 2013-14 academic year at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Office of Student Financial Aid highly recommends the use of the IRS Data Retrieval option during the initial filing or when subsequent corrections are made to your 2013-2014 FAFSA. This option provides the fastest, easiest and most secure solution for meeting certain verification requirements. If you have general questions regarding the financial aid process, please visit or call the Financial Aid Office at (318)274-6056. The Financial Aid Team is available Monday thru Thursday 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. and Friday 7:30-11:30.
After you have completed your FAFSA, please review your Financial Aid Status to see if you have any other requirements or documents to turn in to the Financial Aid Office. Steps to accept your Financial Aid or view Financial Aid requirements are as follows:
* Open your internet browser and type www.gram.edu in the address box at the top of the screen
* Click on Quick Links and click on Banner Web
* Log-in with your User I.D. (GNumber) and Pin
* Click on Financial Aid
* Click on Award
* Click on Award for Aid Year
* Select the Appropriate Aid Year
* Click on Accept Award Offer tab
* Go to the box that says Accept/Decline Award
* Click Submit
Awards may not immediately appear on the student fee sheet.
If no financial aid is available to accept, some unsatisfied requirements should appear. Those requirements must be satisfied in order to receive financial aid.