Haiti was rocked by a 7.0 earthquake which has left the capital city of Port-au-Prince practically in ruins on Jan. 12. At present, the death toll is estimated to be in high thousands.
Many government agencies and non-profit organizations have extended a helping hand and are seeking donations and support from individuals.
However, numerous scammers seek to take advantage of the victims’ misfortune and subsequent donations.
The following is a list, compiled by www. charitynavigator.org, of reputable organizations to donations:
* The American Red Cross (RedCross.org)
* Americares (Americares.org)
* CARE (Care.org)
* Convoy of Hope (ConvoyOfHope.org)
* Direct Relief International (DirectRelief.org)
* Doctors Without Borders (DoctorsWithoutBorders.org)
* Food for the Poor (FoodForThePoor.org)
* Partners in Health
*Save The Children (SaveTheChildren.org)