Grambling State’s Office of Student Financial Aid has received notice that the Louisiana Office of Student Financial Aid (LOSFA) has been a victim of a data security breach. This is a problem that originated at LOSFA, not GSU.The GSU Financial Aid Office would like to make students aware of the potential risk to their sensitive information. The breach could affect any student who meets the following criteria:
– Anyone who has a Louisiana College Savings account (START Saving Program).
– Any resident of the state of Louisiana who has completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Anyone who has completed a FAFSA and included a Louisiana postsecondary institution as an institution to which FAFSA data should be sent.
– Anyone who has applied for or received a Tuition Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS) Scholarship.
– Anyone who has applied for or who has received student financial aid in Louisiana.
GSU urges students and parents to check their information at www.osfa.state.la.us/Notice.htm.
Contact LOSFA at (800) 645-7990 for additional information.