Welcome to Grambling State University, freshmen and transfer students. I am DeEric M. Henry, the editor in chief of the award-winning Gramblinite newspaper. I would like to take this moment to invite students to The Gramblinite, if not to join, to take a look around and become familiar with our environment.
We take pride in our newspaper at Grambling State University, and we hope that you will as well.
As editor in chief I have suggested many changes to the newspaper and have gained the support from faculty and staff to carry out those suggestions.
We did away with our former design and came up with a fresher, Web-based newspaper that should cater to all genres.
– We will now offer classified ads for faculty and students who are selling items such as books, TVs, DVD players and other items. You can also advertise on the Web.
– We plan to offer more visuals for students at GSU. Our Web site will be updated regularly with events on campus with photo essays and live video streaming.
– We also want you to make decisions regarding the content in the newspaper. Every week, the editors will come up with three news topics. Students and faculty can go online and vote for the story they want published in The Gramblinite.
– We have set up online polls that are similar to “GSU Talks Back.” Results will be displayed weekly.
– We also added a new section called the QuickRead. It is designed for readers who want all of the latest news in a flash.
– The Gramblinite also has a different approach to making sure we make deadline (enforced by me) so we can present a quality newspaper that represents GSU well.
I hope you find our new features student-friendly. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to contact me at 274-3333. Have a great year!