Athletes make too much money
I'm a huge sports fan, but I recently I have finally came to a conclusion: Athletes make too money.In the midst of our economy being in a recession, where 4 million people do not have jobs, we continue to see athletes get paid truckloads of money, while the rest of us struggle. It sounds like I'm hating, but I'm not. I'm just telling the truth.
Exhibit A of athletes making too much money: Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who just signed a seven-year, $100 million deal, which includes $41 million in guaranteed money.
Keep in mind that the Washington Redskins laid of 23 front office employees. I like Albert Haynesworth. He is one of the best players in the NFL, but you can't convince me that a defensive tackle is worth $100 million.
If that is not a good example, what about Exhibit B? All those 18- and 19-year-olds who play in the NBA. These players are given million-dollar contracts, even though they cannot even legally drink.
Enough with the examples. We all know that athletes make too much money. It is sad that we live in a country where we pay people a lot of money to entertain us, but pay people very little to inform us.
If it were my choice, teachers would be the highest-paid professionals.
Why not? Pay someone who will actually impact the world and make a difference. An athlete does not make a difference in the world; if you don't watch the sport you probably won't know who the person is.
It's a shame that people in this world make a lot of money doing something that really doesn't matter in the long run. To me it's not fair at all, but we all know life is not fair. People go to school for years and they would not even come close to make as much as an athlete make. It's just not fair.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Gramblinite News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE GRAMBLINITE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE GRAMBLINITE NEWS
RECENT THE GRAMBLINITE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...
- Share Your Love This Valentine's Day
- From Bratty to Bearable, Global Nanny Jo Frost Tackles...
- Fibromyalgia: The Disease Whose Exact Cause Remains Unknown