Post Classifieds

University police to start issuing tickets for vehicles without parking permits

By Ian Robinson
On September 3, 2021

The Grambling State University Police Department will be issuing tickets to anyone on campus without university parking permits. 

GSU students, faculty and staff must display the appropriate decal when parking or face the risk of receiving a ticket. 

Vehicle registration can be accessed through BannerWeb accounts, by clicking “U Park,” “Vehicle Registration.” The cost for students and faculty/staff is $14 and $30, respectively. 

Students, faculty, and staff can retrieve their parking decals from the Grambling State University Police Department office, located at 531 RWE Jones St.

On-campus students are not allowed to drive to class between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. 

Commuting students should park in the designated parking lots for commuters are designated: 

ν On Dickerson Street, between Charles P. Adams and Woodson

ν On Cole Street, south side facing Charles P. Adams

ν On the front row of Charles P. Adams Hall, facing RWE Jones Drive

ν On Blalock Street, where the white paint starts behind the basketball court

ν At the Performing Arts building, on the left side when facing the building

Parking lots for students, faculty and staff are designated by color. White lots are relegated for commuters and yellow lot for specifically for faculty and staff.  

University Police Assistant Chief Brian Philson said students, faculty and staff have until Sept. 7 to register their vehicles or risk being ticketed.

“Tickets will begin being distributed on Tuesday morning for all those not registered or properly parked,” he said.

Ticket will be issued for the following violations: 

ν Parking on the lawn

ν Parking in a No Parking Zone

ν Parking in a Handicap parking spot

ν Blocking a dumpster

ν Blocking the water facility gate 

According to the university’s parking and traffic regulations, University Police is authorized to tow, at the discretion of the officer, at the owner’s expense, any motor vehicle illegally parked in a handicapped space, a vehicle in a fire lane or blocking a drive or building emergency exit and a vehicle that obtains multiple summonses. 

For more information, contact the Office of University Police at (318) 274-2222. 

Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly

More thegramblinite News Articles

Recent thegramblinite News Articles

Discuss This Article



Log In

or Create an account

Employers & Housing Providers

Employers can list job opportunities for students

Post a Job

Housing Providers can list available housing

Post Housing

Log In

Forgot your password?

Your new password has been sent to your email!

Logout Successful!

Please Select Your College/University:

You just missed it! This listing has been filled.

Post your own housing listing on Uloop and have students reach out to you!

Upload An Image

Please select an image to upload
Note: must be in .png, .gif or .jpg format
Provide URL where image can be downloaded
Note: must be in .png, .gif or .jpg format