Middle school students receive awards
It was a day of excellence for students of the Grambling Middle Magnet school as they were awarded for their hard work for the spring semester. The students, faculty, staff, administration and parents arrived at Conrad Hutchinson performing arts Center to celebrate the success of these middle school students on Thursday, May 12.
Those present included the dean of the college of education, professional and graduate studies, Dr Larnell Flannagan, high and middle school principal, Dr Pamela M. Payne, assistant principal, Melanie Colvin and the curriculum coordinator for K-12, Glenda B Howard.
Musical selections include an instrumental and spoken word from Nykeria Mims, a patriotic medley from Mariah Berry, Ki Deloney, Jadae Jackson, and finally a poem entitled “Invictus” by T’yata Ferguson-Love.
Some of the awards given out include the top academic student award, the citizenship award, the Taylor Scholars award, the principal’s list (with an average of 4.0) and the President’s Education award. Also included are the academic Olympians medals that range from a bronze medallion for a 3.0-3.4, a bronze medallion for a 3.5-3.7 GPA and a gold medallion for a 3.8-4.0 GPA.
The award for top academic student with the highest GPA for the 2013-2014 and 2015-2016 was Ki Deloney. She was also awarded the student of the year. The president’s education awards program (PEAP) was awarded to both Ki Deloney and Binta Thomas. Thomas has been previously awarded the principal’s list and has earned it again for this year, sustaining a 4.0 GPA average.
A total of 21 students will matriculate to the ninth grade for the fall of 2016.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More The Gramblinite News Articles
Recent The Gramblinite News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE GRAMBLINITE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE GRAMBLINITE NEWS
- Science and technology freshmen working to advance education
- Titan of boxing passes away
- Teams use summer to build, train
- Two student-athletes receive Arthur Ashe Jr. sports award
- Pruitt excels: GSU baseballer to represent school, SWAC
- History of Juneteenth festival
- Celebrating dads is important in black community
RECENT THE GRAMBLINITE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards